We're now offering live-streaming classes for agencies who can't travel due to COVID-19 - Read Announcement
Recruiting and Hiring for Law Enforcement
- Matt Dolan
Attorney & Director, Dolan Consulting Group, NC
Jul 22, 2020 - Jul 22, 2020
- $195.00 / attendee (live-stream or 30-day recorded viewing) or $1,995.00 / agency (unlimited live + 30-day recorded viewing)
Due to travel restrictions to halt the spread of COVID-19, we are offering some of our classes as live-streamed, online events. When you register for a class, you will receive a private link to that online course.
The process of recruiting, vetting and hiring qualified applicants represents one of the greatest challenges confronting law enforcement. Agencies are looking to new recruiting strategies well beyond putting out the “help wanted” sign. This is particularly true as agencies recruit men and women of the millennial generation.
This course will introduce attendees to a variety of innovative recruiting strategies being implemented throughout the country to meet the challenges of recruiting, particularly recruiting with an emphasis on diversifying the ranks. Attendees will also learn about ways to navigate the hiring process while minimizing legal liability risks along the way—from recruiting to hiring interviews to background investigations to the probationary process.
- Who is your designated recruiter?
- “Confirmation Bias” and “Growth Mindset” in the recruiting process
- When is the last time that the agency examined its screening protocol?
- Strategic planning in recruiting
- Diversifying and expanding the applicant pool
- Identifying barriers to effective recruiting, hiring and background investigations
- Exploring innovative recruiting strategies being implemented by law enforcement agencies across the country
- Understanding the long-term consequences of failing to invest in the hiring process
- Who is our background investigator and do we have a plan?
- Creating agency policies to minimize liability in the hiring process
Developing Organizational Performance Leadership